Up until the academic year 2019/2020, the Government is making available to all schools a sum of money annually to allow them to continue to develop sports provision within school and to help schools increase pupil participation in sporting activity.
This money presently equates to £13, 802 for the financial year 2017/18.
Objectives For Sports Premium St Joseph's RC Primary School
At St Joseph’s RC Primary school we strive to deliver a rich and varied PE curriculum and we are committed to engage more pupils in extra-curricular sporting activities and events. We aim to ensure that;
• all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
• children are given the opportunity to compete in competitions with other schools
• staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
• some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints
• we make use of collaborative and partnership working.
For more information about our sports premium strategy for a particular academic year please see the documents below.