Up until the academic year 2019/2020, the Government is making available to all schools a sum of money annually to allow them to continue to develop sports provision within school and to help schools increase pupil participation in sporting activity. This money presently equates to £8000 per school per year plus an additional £5 per child. For our school this means approximately £9,000 per year. (2016/17 - £8724)
Objectives For Sports Premium St Joseph's RC Primary School
At St Joseph’s RC Primary school we strive to deliver a rich and varied PE curriculum and we are committed to engage more pupils in extra-curricular sporting activities and events. We aim to ensure that;
• all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
• children are given the opportunity to compete in competitions with other schools
• staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
• some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints
• we make use of collaborative and partnership working.
Using the Funding 2016/17
Funding breakdown 2016/17 :
£6605 - Sports delivery and teacher training
£1228 - Lunchtime/Afterschool sports activities/coaching
£600 - Sports competition membership
£300 - Sports equipment
Impact of the Funding
Plans for staff to deliver their own afterschool/lunchtime clubs for next year are now in place following support/CPD from bought-in staff.
New PE Coordinator to arrange termly competition entry for various sports across school.