To allow schools to continue to develop sports provision within school and to help schools increase pupil participation in sporting activity, the Government is making available to all schools a sum of money annually.
Objectives For Sports Premium St Joseph's RC Primary School
At St Joseph’s RC Primary School we strive to deliver a rich and varied PE curriculum and we are committed to engage more pupils in extra-curricular sporting activities and events. We aim to ensure that;
At St Joseph’s RC Primary School we strive to deliver a rich and varied PE curriculum and we are committed to engage more pupils in extra-curricular sporting activities and events.
We aim to ensure that;
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- all children are given the opportunity to experience new and exciting sporting activities
- children are given the opportunity to compete in competitions with other schools
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints
- we make use of collaborative and partnership working.
- PE is sustainable beyond 2019/ 2020 by investing in equipment, activities which children may take up outside of school and links are created with other schools & clubs for competition should the School Sports Partnerships end.
Our aim at St Joseph’s is that all children will be able to swim 25m unaided, use different strokes effectively and perform self-rescue in different water based scenarios by the time they leave in year 6. To achieve this our curriculum includes weekly lessons throughout the school year for Year 3 followed by Year 2. During these lessons we also take our non-swimmers from the year groups above. To further enhance our swimming provision we will hold a fortnight of daily swimming lessons for any non-swimmers in the summer half term.
100% of our Key Stage 2 children meet our swimming criteria or attend our weekly lessons. Of the children who have completed their block of swimming 91% are competent. The other 9% are still attending curriculum swimming lessons.
Information for parents on the Sports Premium Allocation to School