Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome to Year 2's class page. Year 2 have settled well into their new class and are working very hard. We have an exciting year planned at St. Joseph's and we cannot wait to continue making lots of memories with your child and to ‘have life and have it to the full’ as our Mission Statement promises.
This page will be filled with our class news, photographs of the different and exciting activities we are taking part in in class and around school! We will also update you with any useful educational websites that might be of interest to you and your child.
- To develop your child's reading skills it is important that they read every day. Please could you sign their Reading Record book whenever they read with you. Children who bring their signed reading records in every day will get a prize half termly.
- Homework books will be given out on a Friday and homework is returned on Wednesday.
- The weekly spelling test will take place on a Friday. Below are some spelling games which your child can play at home. They also have online access to the website Spelling Shed.
- PE is on Tuesday and Thursdays. All children will need black shorts, a red t-shirt and black pumps or trainers. Unfortunately they will be unable to join in if they don't have the correct kit.
- It is important that your child continues to learn their times tables. Year 2 are expected to know their 2, 5 and 10 times tables and division facts by the end of the year and any help you can give them is very much appreciated. All children have a login for Times Table Rockstars which they can access from home either via the website or the app.
- Year 2 practise their maths passport three times a week in a guided maths session. When your child has successfully completed a passport they will receive a certificate in our Celebration Assembly and we will give you information on what your child needs to practise for their next passport.
Any questions please ask your child's teachers.
Mrs. Grant, Mrs. Tomkins and Mrs. Kirk
Here are some spelling games you could play with your child at home. We will be playing some of these games at school so they should be familiar with them.